These pamphlets were marketed in the 1980s by Chirocare, Inc., and Doctors Marketing Systems, Inc., both of which had the same address in Knoxville, Tennessee. The chief promoter was Don E. Johnson, D.C., who practiced chiropractic in Knoxville. The pamphlets listed below were published between 1984 and 1988. To see them, click here:
Promotion to Chiropractors
- Health Comes from Within and So Should Your Practice
- Doctor . . . Your Greatest Loss may be in the personal injury cases you don’t get!
Promotion to Patients
- The Roadmap to Health (24 pages)
- Pictorial Introduction to Chiropractic (24 pages)
- Your Greatest Loss May Occur after the Wreck
- Low Back Pain
- Your Wrist
- Welcome to the Beginning of the End of Your Pain
- Your Slipped Disc
Your Roadmap to Health and Pictorial Introduction to Chiropractic greatly exaggerate what chiropractors can do.
Allergy falsely states that “in almost every case of allergy, there is an underlying condition cause known as sub-lux-a-tion. This results in reduced nerve and blood supply and immune weakness.”
Arthritis falsely claims that “preventative chiropractic measures will greatly reduce the chances of arthritis” and that “the key to freedom from arthritis is early check-ups for hidden spinal problems that accumulate and manifest themselves in the form of arthritis.”
Headache falsely states that “most headaches are thge result of nerve pressure at the base of the skull.”