|Problem||Agencies to Contact*|
|Product marketed with false or misleading claims*|
|Bogus mail-order promotion||
|Bogus product purchased with credit card||As soon as your credit care statement comes, ask the credit card company for instructions on how to get the charge reversed.|
|Improper treatment by unlicensed individual||
|Advice needed about questionable product or service||
|Medicare or Medicaid fraud||
|Internet-related consumer problem|
|Junk e-mail, including health-
related scams and chain letters
*Where more than one agency might be appropriate, contact all of them.
Where to Contact
- FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, Washington, DC 20580. Tel. (202) 326-2222.
- National Advertising Division, Council of Better Business Bureaus, 845 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022. Tel. (212) 753-1358.
- FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857. Tel. (301) 295-8024.
- FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, HFD-314, 7520 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855. Tel. (301) 827-8931. Email: email@example.com
- Chief Postal Inspector, U.S. Postal Service, Washington, DC 20260. Tel. (202) 268-4267.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20535.
- National Fraud Information Center, P.O. Box 65868, Washington, DC 20035. Tel. (800) 876-7060.
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG) TIPS Hotline, P.O. Box 23489, Washington, DC 20026. Tel. (800) 447-8477
- Quackwatch: Telephone: (919) 533-6009 E-mail: Click here
- For local or regional offices of federal agencies consult the telephone directory under U.S. Government.
Agencies in Other Countries
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Advertising Standards Authority (United Kingdom)
- Other Countries
This page was revised on January 30, 2020.