IHP Review: impotence.org

September 11, 2019

Internet Health Pilot Home Page

IHP Review: impotence.org

Impotence.org is maintained by the American Foundation for Urologic Disease to provide information about erectile dysfunction (ED), which it defines as consistent inability to attain and maintain a penile erection sufficient enough to permit satisfactory sexual intercourse. The term “erectile dysfunction,” was created as a more specific definition than the term “impotence,” which can also include problems, with libido (sexual drive), ejaculation, and orgasm. Experts believe that up to 80% of ED cases may be due to physical (organic) conditions, with psychological factors accounting for the remaining 20%. In many cases, however, there are both psychological and physical reasons for the condition.

  • Articles written by experts on sexual function and other related medical conditions.
  • A confidential registry for men with erectile dysfunction. Upon completing a brief questionnaire on-line, consumers can access an interactive area in which they can observe, compare and discuss various treatment options with other men and their partners worldwide via live chat. Registrants will receive e-mail updates of upcoming chats.
  • Questions and Answers in a “Frequently Asked Questions” section
  • Audio downloads of patients and their partners
  • Information for partners
  • Links to other impotence sites
  • A physician locator for urologists and other specialists
  • A reference sections for physicians
  • A “media only” area in which journalists can download press releases, videos of past conferences, and other materials.
Navigation Tip

The easiest way to navigate this site is to use the “Site Map” page. If, instead, you use the topic guide in the site’s sidebar, follow the inconspicuous content links (the ones shown above with the red rectangle around them).

Reviewed By:

  • Stephen Barrett, MD, 2/20/04

Urology Index |||
Internet Health Pilot Home Page