Rexall Showcase International (RSI) marketed weight management products, homeopathic medicines, personal care products, nutritional supplements, and water filtration systems. It was a subsidiary of Rexall Sundown, Inc., of Boca Raton, Florida. The following documents describe RSI’s origins, marketing strategies, and product claims and the Federal Trade Commission’s enforcement action against its advertising of Cellasene, an alleged “anti-cellulite” product.
- “The Rexall Tradition”: How RSI misrepresents itself as an offshoot of the former Rexall Drugstore chain
- Analysis of Rexall Showcase International’s “Doctors Speak Out” Audiotape: Although the tape contains testimonials from 33 professionals, there is good reason to be suspicious of its claims
- Discussion of Rexall Sundown’s “anti-cellulite” product.
- Revised Class Action Suit Filed in Florida Federal Court: The suit seeks to recover damages for purchasers of Cellasene, which has been marketed with fraudulent claims that it would reduce “cellulite.”
- Florida Attorney General Investigating Whether RSI Is a Pyramid Scheme
- FTC Charges Rexall Sundown with Making False and Unsubstantiated Claims for “Cellasene
Reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission: Contain additional background information about RSI and Rexall Sundown. To view them, enter “RXSD” in the “Ticker Symbol” Search Box.
This page was revised on June 24, 2020.